MY FELLOWSHIP JOURNEY

                               MY FELLOWSHIP JOURNEY 


Hello everyone I am Sushma Appannavar. I am here to share about my fellowship journey, after completing my B.Sc. graduation I applied the Vidyaposhak Fellowship while they selected they will take 3 steps to select the fellows, and I followed those 3 steps and they have taken the interview in that they will ask more questions friendly it was different interview because they will encourage me to speak so I get courage from there soft words so I gave the answers and communicate with them freely, after I selected  as fellow teacher,

After that I attended the 1 month training  in that I get to know about Vidya Poshak NGO Vision goal and rules and responsibilities and interns teachers also share their experience it builds curiosity in me  also they will gave us to more sessions related the math and science subject related to how to make asynchronous pocket and  how to teach math and science subject and how to behave with students and how to make lesson plan ,how to grab students attention while teaching and how to take class with activity etc. also they will took child policies related session and these all session taken  in English and Hindi language  so starting I was struggling to understand Hindi and English language so I get fear about how to talk with them in English or Hindi ,but our programm manager and mentor translated also all facilitators are really very lovable persons they will appreciate our small steps to giving answers in English it may be correct or wrong,  so it’s  gave courage to speak in English so we all are gave answers freely, it  helps me to understand all, after few days I will understand and communicate freely because it’s like one month routine so that we will practiced more also learned more and I completed 1 month training with more learning’s so this month was really great to me . 

After training they gave us to school for teaching, my school name was government higher primary school kurubagatti, it was small village, when I went that school I introduce myself and asking students name and their goal, their interest, and that day I played some games with students, so it makes me happy, and me and my co fellow shobha taking subject class wise and mine subject math and EVS subject for 5th standard and science for 7th standard ,and I took 5th class teacher responsibility so I did culture plan for my class, and my classroom vision was making my students will grow up to become good human being who respect others and treat all equally ,for this vision I make investment and management plan for the reaching my classroom vision and  goal . 

After pandemic schools are reopened after long days so that students was shows more roughness behavior ,and they didn’t sit silently in class they use more bad words, so we faced difficulties to handling them in class , so we take class through activities and observed their interest, so we took class them their interest through so students are likes my class and I took some hygienic sessions for them and tell them to how to behave with parents teachers and friends so that we see a several changes in them also we take classroom management session from nidhi mam so that session was very helpful me to manage my classroom, also students loves my behavior and my subject also so I see more changes in my students it makes me proud so I now I get to know about how to manage students ,why teacher presence are important school ,also how to behave with students ,what are the strategies we used while teaching math and science ,etc. also I took experiment in science also asked critical thinking questions to students ,and students also gave seminar also my class was going with discussion ,I used some resource to teach math so these all improvements I seen in myself also these all changes made by fellow teacher journey so I thankful to Vidyaposhak for giving this wonderful opportunity,

And I took slam out loud session for students it’s related to girls education this session realized the students that why girls are get education how it helps to girls life, also it gives clear picture of their goals, and it builds story writing capacity in students its really good session from this I learned more about how take sessions, and what are the components are there in projects like this 

We took think tac activities its related to science experiment, in this we used some natural science experiment kit, so students also did the experiment very well its help us to how to make the experiment using natural resource and we give experiment method details to  students so it build curiosity in science subject in students mind they all are waiting for this every Friday .also I learned more about experiment teaching because starting I didn’t  know the experiment teaching step wise now I give clear instruction

My weakness is my angriness so that I suddenly scolded everyone so it build bad impression on me but now I controlled my angriness because our team gives us to angriness control session so I follows that so now I handled every situation calm and another weakness is getting fear while I talking to other person or meeting, or any  programme  etc. so now I am able to speak with everyone confidentially and without fear because I involved every program and in class I communicate more with students teacher, as well as in office so its build communication skill in me 

And my strength is I completed my work on time, also I am learner also m active person also I involved extracurricular activities these all strength very help me in fellowship journey because I take song and dance ,drama competition,  for students so that all students were happy and each and every students involved in game ,speech  ,story ,dance ,song and drama competition so it makes me highlight in school ,and I did all work on time so it gives free time in home so we should complete our work on time ,

My happiest moment in fellowship journey is one of my irregular students is turn into regular students also I saw several changes in him like, now he was openly talk with teachers before he getting fear to talk teachers, also he was involved in every activity and taking initiation, another happiest moment is in trip I enjoyed lot with all office staff we all are did dance and enjoyed the trip also my first salary was gave me more happiness,

My saddest moment is 2nd class observation it was really saddest moment because in that class my students made more noise also they don’t follow up my instruction, so my class shows low performance it was my saddest moment


I have more beautiful moments in my fellowship journey. I learned more, it gives me more knowledge, I have seen several changes in myself.. These all changes made by this wonderful fellowship journey thank you Vidya Poshak for giving this opportunity


Sushma appannavar 

Fellow Teacher          

 

                

 


Comments