From a Student to a Teacher: Learning Through Sports
While teaching the students how to play, I found myself remembering the days when I used to participate in sports with my friends. The excitement of playing, the happiness of being part of a team, the small arguments, cheering for one another, and the feeling of giving our best all came back to my mind. I shared some of these memories and experiences with my students, which helped me connect with them beyond the classroom.
During the practice, I noticed that the students were very excited to learn. Some were already familiar with the games, while others needed more guidance and practice. I encouraged them to follow the rules, work as a team, support each other, and most importantly, enjoy the game. I also reminded them that winning is not the only goal; teamwork, discipline, confidence, and sportsmanship are equally important.
This experience reminded me that teaching does not always happen inside a classroom. Sometimes, a playground can become a classroom too. Through sports, students learn how to cooperate, handle success and failure, respect others, and keep trying even when something does not go as planned.
The most special part of this experience was that while I was teaching my students, I was also reconnecting with my own childhood. I started the session as a teacher giving instructions, but I left the playground carrying the memories of the student I once was.
This experience made me realize that education is not only about lessons and textbooks. Sometimes, the best learning happens through play, teamwork, memories, and shared experiences. As I watched my students play with enthusiasm, I felt grateful to be in a position where I could pass on not only my knowledge, but also some of the joy that I experienced during my own school days.

.jpeg)

Comments
Post a Comment