Small Games, Big Change

 Small Games, Big Change

      A classroom is not always about sitting, listening, and learning from textbooks. Sometimes, students need a little movement, fun, and excitement to refresh their minds and get ready to learn again. During my teaching experience, I noticed that students sometimes became tired, distracted, or less active, especially after sitting for a long time. This made me realize the importance of using short energizer activities during my classes.

  

                           



I started using different energisers regularly to bring fresh energy into the classroom. Instead of repeating the same activity every day, I tried different activities such as mind games, action songs, clapping games, memory challenges, quick thinking activities, and simple movement games. These activities usually took only a few minutes, but they brought a noticeable change in the classroom. Students became more active, attentive, and excited to participate.

One thing I really enjoyed was seeing how students reacted to these activities. Sometimes, as soon as I announced an energiser, their faces would light up and they would eagerly wait to know what we were going to do. Even students who were usually quiet during academic activities started participating more confidently. Through simple games, they were able to interact with their classmates, listen carefully, follow instructions, and enjoy learning together.

I also realized that energisers are not just about having fun. They help students develop concentration, memory, listening skills, quick thinking, teamwork, and confidence. More importantly, they create a positive and joyful classroom environment. A short action song can refresh their bodies, while a mind game can activate their thinking. Choosing the right energiser according to the students' energy level helped me make my classes more engaging.

This experience also taught me something important as a teacher. Students cannot be expected to remain equally attentive throughout every minute of a class. They need opportunities to move, interact, laugh, and refresh themselves. I learned that even a simple activity requiring no special materials can make a meaningful difference in student engagement.

For me, energisers have now become more than just small games. They are a way of connecting with students and creating a classroom where learning feels enjoyable. Every day, I try to bring something different, because I believe that a few minutes of fun can bring a fresh mind, a positive mood, and a better readiness to learn.

Sometimes, a small game can create a big change in the classroom.




Comments