Learning Beyond the Classroom: Where Nature, Curiosity and Joy Come Together🌿


 a one day  was a truly beautiful, interesting, and emotionally memorable learning experience for both my students and me. We stepped outside the regular classroom and conducted our learning session in the open environment, surrounded by trees, fresh air, and the peaceful atmosphere of the school campus. The change in environment immediately brought a different kind of energy among the students. They looked comfortable, excited, and curious as they settled down with their notebooks and learning materials.As I observed the students sitting together under the shade of the tree, writing, discussing, asking questions, and helping one another, I felt that learning does not always need a classroom, a blackboard, or four walls. Sometimes, a simple outdoor space can become a wonderful classroom when students are given the opportunity to learn with freedom and joy.During the session, I interacted with the students and encouraged them to participate actively. We revised Indian states and districts, and I asked them questions to check their understanding and memory. Students enthusiastically tried to recall the names and shared their answers with their friends. Some students were very confident, while a few initially hesitated. I encouraged them patiently and gave them opportunities to answer. Gradually, even the quieter students started participating. Their expressions of happiness whenever they remembered an answer made the session even more enjoyable.We also spent time practising phonics sounds and reading. Students repeated the sounds, blended them, and practised reading with proper pronunciation. I moved among the students, listened to their reading, corrected their pronunciation wherever necessary, and appreciated their efforts. It was especially satisfying to see students who sometimes hesitate while reading confidently attempt the sounds and words. Their small improvements felt like a big achievement to me.The outdoor setting also created many opportunities for peer learning and teamwork. Students helped their classmates, shared notebooks, discussed answers, and encouraged one another. Instead of simply listening to a teacher, they were actively involved in the learning process. Their natural curiosity and excitement made me realise how powerful an interactive learning environment can be.What touched me the most was the simple happiness visible on the students' faces. They were learning, but at the same time, they were enjoying the environment, spending time with their friends, and creating beautiful memories. I also genuinely enjoyed being part of this experience. Sitting and interacting with them in such a peaceful environment gave me a different connection with my students. It reminded me that teaching is not only about completing lessons or finishing portions; it is also about creating experiences that students remember.As a teacher, I felt proud when I saw their notebooks filled with their work, heard them practising phonics sounds, and watched them confidently answer questions about states and districts. Every student's effort, whether big or small, made me feel that our learning journey is moving forward.Today taught me an important lesson: when students are happy, comfortable, and actively involved, learning becomes more meaningful. The open environment gave us the space to learn, interact, explore, and enjoy together. For me, this was not just another teaching session—it was a moment that I will remember with a smile.I ended the session with a feeling of gratitude and happiness. I realised that some of the most valuable moments in teaching are not always found in lesson plans or textbooks, but in the smiles of students, their attempts, their questions, their progress, and the memories we create together.“Sometimes, the best classroom has no walls—only curious minds, open surroundings, caring hearts, and the joy of learning together.” 🌿📚💛

Comments