MY FIRST YEAR FELLOWSHIP JOURNEY

MY FIRST YEAR FELLOWSHIP JOURNEY


My name is Madhura. my native Hubli . My father's name is Shailendra and my mother's name is Geeta. I completed my 1 to 10 standard in my native Hubli. I completed my PUC and graduation in Sirsi. After completing my graduation, I engaged in tuition classes in my home for neighborhood High School children.

  I developed interest in teaching because I loved  spending my time with the children. Fortunately I heard that Vidya Poshak is hiring teachers so I applied for the internship program but at that time I wasn't selected . After a few months Vidya Poshak  started a Fellowship program. So I prepared myself for the selection process . As a result of my effort I was selected in a 2021 batch of Yuva fellowship.


After being selected as a fellow teacher I got HPS Narendra School. I was allotted 7th and 4th standard to teach Science and mathematics. In the   beginning I was very poor in stakeholder management, communication  and  effective teaching. But  my strengths, friendly communication and  essay writing helped me to sustain. I utilized the  opportunities at school  to improve my teaching skills and with the  help from the co teachers and co fellows I developed my skills.. Also I was aware of some of my threats,  I was facing difficulty in  team bonding and less support from teachers. 


 Initial days of our fellowship, during my first classroom observation  I was lagging in effective teaching skills. Disappointed by my performance, my Program manager gave a strict warning to improve my performance in the next 3 months. As the result of feedback from the Program manager and Mentor  I promised myself  to  improve in the next 3 months. As promised  I improved a lot in teaching skills as well as in English communication. In my third classroom observation, I got more positive feedback from both of them. They were  so happy to see my performance. Now I am good at English communication and effective teaching.


Now  my strengths are good teaching skills , communication skills and confidence. Also I am confident about my subject knowledge .After conducting tuition classes for 10th students during summer vacation my confidence and subject knowledge has increased. In my Fellowship journey I met a lot of students and supported them to grow.  One student, Pritam, has grown and learned in spite of difficulties.  That is  a proud moment for me. Now completing a successful one year journey my confidence level has  increased and my mindset shifted towards positivity. I am  accepting  every feedback in a  positive way and  improving myself and my teaching skill has improved as compared to last year. I would like to thank our Vidya Poshak for making me a responsible and skillful person. I also extend my thanks to  Program manager Namita Hegde and Fellow mentor Chandana Sahukar. Thank you for your support and encouragement.






Comments