Memorable Journey........

 

                Memorable Journey

                                                         

Hi Everyone ……………

Myself Nagaveni ,Here Iam Happy to share my 1year of fellowship Journey. I completed my B.Sc at GFGC Dharwad. Before applying for the fellowship, Iam working as Teacher at Dharwad and I have 2 year experience in teaching but I wanted teach Rural Childrens. So When I Searching for Job that time I got information about Vidyaposhak Yuva Fellowship Recritment , So I applied Fellowship Program.

After I applied for the Yuva Fellowship program I completed the written task which are given by Vidyaposhak whare I wrote essay on why I am joining for the Fellowship Program and how the program  will allied to my future goals, also I visited nearby school whare I asked some questions regarding the education problems, that are faced by parents children school teacher I noted some questions and also recorded one teaching video, Then I selected for Interview , In that I successfully completed all the tasks which were given by the Vidya Poshak staff. As result of my effort I was selected as fellow teacher at Vidya Poshak.

I’m completed 1 year fellowship at Vidya poshak. I started my journey from Month of June 2022 ,I trained from TFI it was amazing training, Where I learnt so many things like Effective Lesson plans, Classroom management, Statergies to improve teaching skill, How to manage Skakeholders. I thankful to Namita Madam, Chandana Madam, Thikot Sir, Venky Sir, Nidhi mam , They are such wonderful persons I met and I learnt lot from their sessions.

After completion of training, I joined as Fellow teacher at Government Model Kannada Girls School Hebballi , Then real task begin because Our Hebballi school was girls school and Model school so Number of students are more, There was near 600 students are studing , Classes have sections like A and B, It was big task to tought, I took 5th 6th 7th classes, I taught English for 5th Class, Science for 6th and  7th Classes ,Totally I taught 242 students. Due to A and B sections I repeated the lessons A to B section, So starting of the fellowship, It was Challenge to cover Students ,Syllabus, Documentation and Number of teachers also more in our school and they having different mentality so bonding between me and them are not good.

In the start of the fellowship I did community visits where In visited nearly 70 houses. Here I collected the students data like their interest, Family and also did an ASER survey. I checked the students literacy level.

 I started to taught Students by setting my classroom vision . My classroom vision: We believe we should always be responsible for our actions , treat others with respect and dignity, and strive daily to be the best we can be. So kept this in my mind and planned lesson plans and used class strategies when we learnt from our trainings, I taught with Experiments and I taught lessons by giving real examples in between lessons so students learnt and understood well ,  students attention increased and Every day I wished Good morning with smiling face  and gave respect to All teachers, It repeats everyday so day went they changed teachers gave respect to me and help to took classes and they spoke with smiling face, They also curiously  involved when I took experiments, Finally  I completed 1st Semester successfully.

After Completion of 1st Semester Dasara Holidays came, So we planned for Chinnara Dasara in the month of October 2022 and I took 4days classes with different topics , Students played and learnt lot of things from Chinnara Dasara After they came from Dasara holidays, Students are very actively attended to my every classes and participated in every activity I took , That was plus point for me to participate Chinnara Habba.

In our Fellowship journey , I have attended different kinds of training. In the months of October and May our Program manager and Fellow mentor planned training to improve our quality of teaching, Differentiation, Firki courses, Learning Circle, Reflection circle, Movie review, Effective PPT presentation skill, Development dialogue and Positive teacher and Student Relationship were given by Facilitator has helped us to improve our skills , ability and knowledge.

In month of November Vidyaposhak conducted Chinnara Habba So All 8 schools of Vidyaposhak are participated and That was big task to selecting of students, finally I selected and  I hardly prepared students for Skit, Solo dance, Quiz , Our 12 students are participated and They performed well so they won at Skit , and Solo dance , HM and Teachers of our school appreciated me and students, So Bonding between students and me went stronger and I get respect more from teachers and HM.

Every week I took classes with New Energizer, Quiz, Drawing and conducted Sharing Circles, Kept Talent Board outside of our class So students understood lessons betters, learnt lot of new things and they get platform to shown their talent.

November 14th  2022 We celebrated Children day so Vidya poshak gave Study kit for 242 students of our school , It was very happy moment for all my childrens, Students said Thanks to Synopsys and Vidyposhak and Parents and Teachers and SDMC members also appreciated Vidyaposhak and Synopsys.

We went Bangalore trained from thinktac , It was a wonderful experience and learnt new experiments. So After training I conducted Thinktac Experiements for 5th 6th 7th class students with Small and creative experiments, Students involment was amazing and teachers also involved, Students learnt all 12 Experiments with changing different variables, At last I conducted Local Exhibition , Students participated and explaned every experiments by changing variables so it went well so guest from another came they appreciated me and students.

 After Local Exhibition Raman Club conducted Science Exhibition , They named that Raman Award Function in the name of  Sir C V Raman so Team of Thinktac  selected 6 students from my school to Raman Award so went Bangalore , I prepared them for Exhibition and they participated and they did very well so Finally Our student Priyanka Ayatti won Raman Award it was Proud moment for me and My school also .

Vidyaposhak Also conducted Science day compitation in name of Sir  C V Raman, So I prepared them for Scientist speech and I conducted compitation in my school level and I selected 3 students for further round conducted by Vidaposhak , finally  1 student get 2nd  so they gave certificate for 3 participants so students and me felt happy for that.

February 19th Vidyaposhak arranged for Capacity building trip so we all went Karwar it was memorable trip , I enjoyed lot with my team .

I taught daily lessons along with SOL stories , so it helps students to understand well about girls education and they created their own stories and they enioyed and learned from every stories, and they shared with me . April 5  Vidyaposhak conducted Slam Out Loud function at Narendra so Before week I selected students and prepared students for Drama ,Story telling, Poems  , So students did well and enjoyed every moment of function.

 After that I completed my school documentation work and I prepared Result sheet of our students and I gave pogress cards on 10 April it was last day of our school students . Finally I completed 1 year of school , So last day HM held meeting SDMC members and teachers attended meeting all are appreciated me and They said thanks to Vidyaposhak to sending me to Hebballi school. I felt happy and satisfied by my work.

After Exams students got Summer Holiday So we planned for Super Summer Camp and All Fellows prepared Summer Camp Time Table and Named it as Super Summer Camp  So conducted on April 12th  with Different Activities, So Students Actively participated and Number of students attendance was high and This Camp was Went very well and we all enjoyed lot.

I would like to talk about my Vidyaposhak staff. Total 10 members were working from the Dharwad office. In other places like Belagavi, Sirsi, and Davangere, Vidya Poshak is working Programs like Scholorship, Counseling, Residential bridge camp, Library facility and Yuva Fellowship arethe important programs of Vidyaposhak. Each Staff is giving their best to make all the program successful.

Vidyaposhak Yuva Fellowship has started in2021 with 6 Fellows. Now it is working in 8 schools , Hebballi, Narendra, Kurabagatti, Jeerigwad, Nigadi, Kotabagi, Mulamuttala, Pudakalakatti are places where Vidya Poshak Yuva Fellowship is Working . Nearly 800 students were getting excellent education through our Fellowship Program, Total 9 Fellows  were working  in 8 different schools of Dharwad district. Through the Fellowship program, I have improved a lot.

Every man has Supporter behind their success work so I have also supporters like Program Manager Namita mam best guide for all fellows, and They always encouraged in all our activities. Fellow Mentor Chandana Madam mentoring in write way to succeed in our 1 year fellowship and Senior fellows , They always supporting and helping in every work and we all did work together.

I completed 1year Fellowship successfully so I thankful to My program Manager, Fellow Mentor,  Senior Fellows .

             So I think Its not my journey , Its my life time best Memory , I always Thankful to Vidyaposhak.

 

-Nagaveni Sangalad

   Fellow Teacher

                                                                            

          

          

Comments