Transformation of dream into Action..

                      Transformation of 

                                 dream into action....

                                

Hello Everyone...

               I am Sayigeeta Naik , I am from sirsi .It is the place where devine and greenery is located ,when I was searching job I got to know about the fellowship then  I applied for the fellowship .The selection process of Yuva Fellowship includes 3 rounds , where in first round we have to complete the 3 tasks , from that they shortlist some candidates from that we have to face to face interview . 

Then we had 1 month of training called the Institute. In the institute we got to know about the documentation process .Then we visited the community in which we had to interact with the students and stakeholders. This will help us to know the ground level of teaching . After that we observed the master class .Master class observation means we have to observe the senior fellows class , from that I learnt the handling of the class and student behavior in the class itself .

Next phase is relationship and culture , here fellows have some courses  like culture and relationship with students, child development. Our mentor and program manager will be going to take the session on lesson plan , backward planning etc. 

Then next phase is Pedagogy:

In pedagogy I learnt about the happiness curriculum, how the we are going to build relationship with students. Then the next phase is content , in content we had detailed analysis of teaching particular topic . Various reputed feciliitator will be going to take the session on how to teach the science and math in effective and creative way.

After that i have been allocated fellow teacher at government higher primary school Mulamuttala. At first my program manager Namita mam took me to the school on 11th July , on that day I was a little bit nervous because it was my first experience as a teacher.


At first She introduced me to the school staff members as a fellow teacher. At that time I felt some responsibility on my hand. Our school HM Allocated me as a 5th class teacher to teach math and science. Then one of our school faculty Mr. Yalgaar sir took me to the classroom and introduced me to the whole students as I am the new teacher for them .


After joining the school for the first day I was nervous to see the students . Afterwards while playing with them and being a friend I connected to my students . where the students' response was also very nice. They started to treat me as a friend , sister more than that Teacher. I think this bonding made me to attach my students very closely.


My goal is to bring my students as a responsible citizen in the society. I spent a month trying to understand my surroundings, like the community and students. During that time I found some faults like students lacking respect and cleanliness. So I decided to bring some changes on students so I did the  survey of students and about their family backgrounds. After so many trials of showing some moral videos and giving stars to students, now they are coming to school by wearing clean uniforms and maintaining Discipline. This is one of my happy moments while seeing my journey.


Then we have to do the house visits in the school time this was little bit difficult situation for me because it was completely new thing where I have to go to different places and have to interact with them , being a girl it's slightly challenging situation at first, afterwards by doing continuous visit I got close to my community. Then I conducted a Parents meeting in my school. It was a nice experience to meet the parents and discuss the students' growth. From this meeting we got close enough.


I arranged different activities in the classroom for students , like Team building activity, drawing competition , extracurricular activities and craft works. These activities build the students' creativity in different ways. So students started to think on a different level.

After I conducted a Dasara camp in my school during the holidays , it was a nice camp where the students are learning different things with games , for that we named it Chinnara Dasara. 

After that we went to Bangalore for the training of think tac , this was the nice training where I got more knowledge about the Experiments and presentation of those experiments.


Then I conducted the Think Tac experiment to the students where students actively participated in all activities and 2 of my students selected for the Raman award where I took them to Bangalore to exhibit their Talent. After that I conducted the 

Slam out loud program for students. It was a nice program for creating awareness about Girl Education in rural schools.

At first my vision was “ I believe every student has talent and they can be successful by being respectful and responsible Citizens”.At every stage I pushed my students to go forward , at the beginning they lacked confidence and now they can speak confidently in class and participate in all kinds of activities.

I am very lucky to have such lovely co-fellows. They helped each and every time to succeed in my journey. Also my seniors are very kind and humble natured ,they supported us in each and every step of the Journey.Our vidya poshak staff are also very collaborative and Coordinative to the fellowship team.


I am very happy to share about my program manager Namita mam. She is a very kind and supportive person where she helped us to move forward and succeed in our journey. Also our mentor Chandana Sahukar, she is a very supportive girl and hard Worker,where she corrected me in every situation .

I am thankful to vidya poshak yuva fellowship , this is the good platform for everyone to explore every thing that we want to.


It was an amazing journey where I got incredible love from students and the community. I would like to thank my program manager , Fellow mentor  and Vidya Poshak  Yuva Fellowship for giving this wonderful opportunity to serve  best to my students.

   

                                                                       

                                                                 Thank you

                                                                                                  Sayigeeta Naik

                                                                                             Fellow Teacher




Comments